Friday, March 8, 2013

SQL Server LOWER Function

In this post , I will explain the LOWER function of SQL Server of string functions category.
In my previous posts, I explained STUFF Function, LEN Function, UNICODE Function, LEFT Function, CHARINDEX Function, CHAR Function, ASCII Function, Simple script to backup all SQL Server databases, Table-Valued Parameters and some other articles related to SQL Server.

Here, I am going to explain LOWER function of SQL Server.

LOWER() Function

This function is used to convert the character expression with upper case characters into lower case.
 
Syntax- LOWER(character_expression)
Arguments-
  • character_expression : An expression of character data.
Return Type- Returns character data(varchar).


Example-
 
Declare @nstring varchar(50)
set @nstring='Dot Net World'
select LOWER(@nstring)
--OutPut dot net world

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic blog and love this blog because this is the best way for me.

    ReplyDelete

^ Scroll to Top